Nov 27, 2018 Job: Digital Matters Program Assistant
Digital Matters at the University of Utah seeks a candidate to assist in the daily operations of building a digital humanities and digital scholarship program and lab, at the intersection of technology and the humanities. The successful candidate will coordinate with the administrative staff to organize, support, and facilitate programming, events, lectures, workshops; conduct outreach and publicity online and in person; document policy and procedures; track and organize scheduling, and staff the reception area.
This is a term-limited position with an anticipated start date in January 2019. The successful applicant will work 20 hours per week for a period not to exceed three years (ending approximately December 2021). The exact end date will depend on several factors including the exact starting date, the number of hours worked each week, and the continued availability of project funding.
- Staff the front desk, receive visitors, answer questions and direct queries to relevant parties.
- Maintain the Digital Matters web site, upload and update images, posts, blogs, and the event calendar. Communicate and advertise to faculty, staff, and students on events, lectures, talks, workshops, and other Digital Matters activities. Broadcast Digital Matters events on social media. Take photos at events for communications purposes. Maintain and update mailing lists. Work with Marriott Library Public Relations office on advertising, graphics, flyers.
- Coordinate and set up events, speaker series, workshops, exhibitions, showcases, reading groups, classes.Book rooms, vendors, and/or caterers as needed. Communicate and coordinate with visiting lecturers, guests.
- Maintain and update the number of participants at events. Track number of applications for internal grants and fellowships.
- Work with the administrative leadership to document policy and procedure.